Friday, December 24, 2010

my legs are cold.

my last postita about perfume shopping with my daddy made me think of a few things.
1. i want him to teach my future husband how to buy the following:
a. perfume
b. purses
c. jewelry
not joking kids, my dad is good as gold when it comes to that stuff.
he is proud when his "g" comes out.
and 
2. when i went to new york the december of my sophomore year in high school
it was just daddy and me.
new york city in december quickly became my favorite.
i loved that no one ever slept.
i loved that daddy took me to saks fifth avenue
to perfume shop for mommy.
the light show that goes with these flakes was phenomenal.
i felt like such an adult.
alternating my sniffs between burberry, chanel, bulgari and coffee beans.
giving my opinion to the sales rep and my dad like i was some fancy pants.
i loved it when i was allowed to go explore the store.
i found the perfect shade of bright pink lip gloss
and coveted the scarves and clothes.
i was in heaven.
but my favorite part had to have been the tree.
it's really something you need to see to believe,
but trust me, 
it's incredible.
jaw-dropping.
open-mouth drooling.
and word stopping.

eyez juss whanuh goez b@k.


No comments: