Tuesday, September 21, 2010

idk my bff jill?

 today is my best friend's birthday.
her name is khyrie
{sometimes i call her: jude, krizzle, kay, kye, bff jill, keere, etc.}
and she is my sister.
{circa 2008 which means she's just gotten hotter}
 back to my other half and her holy day of birth.
she's 20 today
and it's kind of a big deal.
even though she's a year younger than me, i've always looked up to her.
growing up she was the strong, independent, brave one.
but she was always there for me. 
i knew i could talk to her and actually be heard.
  we got really close in high school, especially my senior year.
i guess you could say she was my lifeline.
she kept me alive and focused and gave me hope.
i would give anything to have a high school lunch day with her again.
first 
we would choose between splitting a crisp bean burrito or a strawberry poptart.
then 
we would try to round up enough change for a mountain dew.
while 
sipping on the bubbly we'd go to the library or walk around all the while talking.
that's honestly how it was.
seriously, some of my best high school memories are from those lunches.
 {circa 2007}
college sucked.
i didn't like not having her there.
not having the same friends, 
not knowing exactly what was happening because i wasn't there to see it unfold. 
she didn't forget me though.
i missed my first college final - i slept through it.
i called her bawling and told her what happened.
after she got off the phone with me she called our bff beth who showed up at my door within 10 minutes.
we had khyrie on the phone within 5 and were all laughing and chatting.
they helped me forget my pain and amateur mistake.
those, children, are true friends.
i just wanted to go home so we could play again
{don't worry, we did...july 2008 was legit}
then homegirl decided to go to college.
in logan.
that meant we'd be two hours apart.
going home to visit was awful becuase she wouldn't always be there.
i hated that.
thank goodness for telephones and email and facebook and texting.
i would have died without technology.
{2008. dropping my baby off at skool}
all-in-all 
i love this girl
and she loves me.
{proof}
you know those friends you don't have to talk to everyday to know you love eachother?
where it can be months since your last playdate but you pick up right where you left off?
those people who you can be your whole self with, holding nothing back?
that's her.
i love our random text conversations and facebook wallposts.
i love that she offered to drive out to provo to be with me on sunday.
i love how she calls me almost everytime before she makes a purchase asking for my thoughts.
i love how i do the same with her.

she's the best sister/friend/person i've had the pleasure of knowing
i'm proud to call this little tiger my sister.
i'm blessed to have her as a friend.
and i'm grateful that the Lord placed her in my life.

!!!happy birthday khyrie!!!
i.love.you.so.much.you.don't.even.know.
and keeping with tradition, here's are annual birthday beauty shot
 

No comments: