Saturday, October 3, 2009

mi casa es su casa

Sometimes I don't realize how much I truly miss my home until I return after being gone for a while.  I'm sitting in the study, on the patterned gray chair listening to my dad talk about the illustrative sentences he uses in his blog {my dad blogs...weird.}.  I missed this house.  I missed the pale green walls of this study cluttered with bookshelves that hold novels, dictionaries, study manuals and the occasional glue stick. 
I don't think I can truly express how incredible I felt when I opened the door, climbed up the stairs and heard Ashley yell, "BUBBA!!!!  NO!  I get her first!" as she charged at me with open arms.  I love surprise attacking my family like that.  This was one of my few successful times.  I even got Daddy.  {finally}
I missed the sights, the scents, the noises.  It's like Christmas Day for my senses right now.  Pure joy.
This is my home. 
It doesn't matter where life will take me in the future.
This is where my heart will always be. 


hahaha...Dad just told me my background was "the most homosexual thing" he has ever seen. 
Yep...I definitely missed this.

No comments: