Thursday, May 2, 2013

and now all i want to do is watch, "an education."

today, 
i'm supposed to educate you on something
i am good at.

and instead of being a brat and telling you my
only areas of expertise are:
Δ facebook stalking Δ
Δ finding the perfect youtube video to say, "happy birthday." Δ
Δ tweeting 30 rock quotes Δ
Δ creating a microsoft paint masterpiece Δ
i'm going to embrace the whole purpose of this challenge.
yeah.
things are about to get real up in hurr.

i have a problem where i don't really think i'm "good" at things.
i think i'm "meh/mediocre" at a lot of things,
but not really extraordinary at any one thing.

i have been getting better at believing in myself
and the things i can do.
i have cory to thank for that.
because when someone looks you in the eye and says,
"i wish you could see yourself the way i see you."
something clicks.
something clicks and you realize maybe you're more
than failed attempts at success.

i used to think it was bad to be proud of yourself.
that humility was good
while bragging about your ammaaazing success was beyond annoying.
i'm slowly learning that pride in oneself is healthy.
especially if done in the right spirit.
if you can't be proud of yourself,
how can anyone else be proud of you?

so this is me, telling you what i know about something i'm learning to be good at.

believing in yourself is hard
but it's one of the keys to happiness.

8 comments:

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

I effing love this.

from head 2 toe said...

How is it you always find the best endings to a post?! good at it.

JW | PEONY said...

believing in yourself is such an important thing to be good at. I can really relate to always feeling just mediocre. It's something I'm working on too.


Love the fabulous llama... or alpaca. I can never tell the difference.

kellichristinecase said...

oh my gosh that gif is the best thing i've ever seen.
being proud of yourself is such a good feeling.

kellichristinecase said...

if you haven't see nthis already, it's sooo good.

https://vimeo.com/24715531

Tiffany said...

ummmm, seriously with this right now. Justin says nearly the same exact things to me and it makes me want to cry of love.

Let's join hands and celebrate our pride in being good at things. Or something.

beth said...

You are amazing at those things in the first list. Whenever someone asks me why I'm so good at those things (just swap Baby Mama for 30 Rock), I tell them, "idk. my bff bp." True story.

And I'm glad Cory is opening your eyes to how amazing you are. Because it's true.

I love that you're blogging every day now. Even if it's only been two days...

Ashley said...

I love that you write a post like this, thats so honest and vulnerable. Girlfriend you rock.