Thursday, August 11, 2011

today.today.today.

i will be reunited
 with some of my favorite people on this planet.
i will hug my family,
eat my mama's cooking,
and drive to the city.
then,
i will hear this man.
for free.
i'm crossing my fingers he plays his older stuff.
it's what speaks to my soul.
especially this one.

there was a time when
his was the only voice i could listen to.

||digital ash in a digital urn||
||fevers and mirrors||
||i'm wide awake, it's morning||

i found solace in his words
and hope in the melodies.

it's amazing how music helps heal the soul.

11 comments:

Alexandria said...

I'm Wide Awake It's Morning is sheer genius.

So jearousssssss.

kelli case anderson said...

music really does heal the soul.

Becca and Derek said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I love LAUREN!!!!!!!!

Renée said...

Wow, enjoy !! xo

Sarabeth; said...

Bright Eyes!! amazing.
Conor Oberst is so lovely.
I'm so jealous!!

Jenni Austria Germany said...

i love him. i saw him live once in austin. he's a cutie. a semi-depressed, questionably-suicidal cutie.

Hilary Mae said...

SO JEALOUS! I want to hear all about it! He is FANTASTIC!

Hilary Mae said...

SO JEALOUS! I want to hear all about it! He is FANTASTIC!

Hilary Mae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley Sloan said...

Oh did they just play in UT? LIke SLC?! I was visiting...and I think they did haha. How fun!!! :)

Ashley Sloan

lauren said...

wow Im so cute! haha jk. YAY.