- twizzlers in a warm car smell like puke.
- never take your chapstick on a boat unless it's in a ziploc baggie or lake water will keep coming out of it for days.
- being afraid of heights and climbing up a giant sand hill only to realize you have to run down it at full speed is not smart. unless falling down five times (either purposefully or accidentally) sounds like fun.
- gorp is golden.
- beth is the female fredette.
- whenever playing p-i-g always go after dan.
- speed scrabble is stressful and worth every random letter.
- bathing in a lake is an experience everyone should have. it's amazing.
- i need a hybrid. we only filled up once the entire trip. it cost thirty dollars.
- water fights between two boats in a channel are beyond intense and worth every bruise you get.
- riddles and brain games should warrant a college degree. i'd have a doctorate.
- do you know the petals around the rose?
- greed/zilch is far too intense to be a simple dice game.
- the name of the game is snaps. snaps is the name of the game.
- pizza named after andy warhol and harry potter discussions in the night air are priceless.
- when you get slap happy at eleven p.m. you know you're tired.
- there is nothing better than gliding on water*. nothing.
*please keep in mind it was my first time ever on a wakeboard, and i only got up four times and stayed up for three-four seconds at most, but it was amazing and enough to get me hooked.
- gas stations in fillmore like to play classics like bbmak's back here.
- not having a cellphone for four days is a breath of fresh air.
- nothing beats the adrenaline rush you get jumping from tube to tube during your first tube war battle.
- sometimes a throwback to high school music is necessary: yellowcard, simple plan, green day, mika.
- i want to dry my hair while sitting on the front of a boat every day.
- when the boys were in charge of picking music they selected the following: the click five, the moulin rouge soundtrack and sarah bareilles.
- decision making was finally achieved.
- unknown is not worth your time. truuuuuust me.
- lake powell is one of the most beautiful places i have ever seen.
- hiking and climbing up rocks then jumping off a house boat is the only way to go.
- next time, when standing on the edge of a "mini" cliff, just jump. waiting only increases anxiety.
- i never want to wear pants again.
- costume ideas cemented and harry potter plans set. let the party begin.
- apparently saying "duplicates" or "multiples" when referring to twins is unacceptable.
- i never want to get ready for the day ever again.
- i have the greatest friends ever.
- as much as i love being able to talk to my family and shower in hot water, i wish i never had to leave.
once again, i apologize for the lack of photographic evidence,
but life was too good for those four days to stop and snap a moment.
i'm back and not quite black,
but brown is good enough for me.