Friday, October 30, 2009

Toast.

eight hours.
That's how long it took to shoot and I couldn't be happier.  I was starving, tired, and so incredibly happy.   
I missed this.
Acting is my passion.
I wish I could transfer the joy I feel when I act into your heart.  It makes my blood pump faster and quickens my pulse.
There was one scene {our fighting scene} where my "husband" and I had to completely ad-lib our argument.  I loved it.  I was angry.  I yelled at him for not listening to me and never being around.  I told him our marriage wasn't working because we don't talk anymore and because he gave up a long time ago.  I was crushed when he handed my his wedding ring and told me he didn't want it anymore.  And when I slammed the front door I was leaving the house {and him} for good.   
It's real for me.
My characters have a tendency of consuming me and I have a tendency of allowing it to happen.
Acting makes me happy.
I'm so so tired but my happiness cancels out all negative emotions.
Good thing I packed my bags last night because ready or not!  Here I come!!


{SideNote:  I played the wife in a short film called 'Toast' adapted/written, directed, filmed, edited, EVERYTHING'D by Kaitlin Snow.  She's incredible.  Memorize her name because, mark my words, this girl is going places!}

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good post Brissa! Out of all the posts I have seen on your blog, I HAD to comment on this one. I saw you the day after you shot for 8 hours and you were SO happy. I would recommend you do it for a living because I could tell that it is something that you love. Keep up the good work!!