Wednesday, January 28, 2015

because


 i've seen this #webravewomen movement floating around instagram
and i'd like to add my two cents.

i am brave because i am a mom.
because i put the needs of my children before my own.
because i have given up my body for the past two years
to grow and feed my babies.

i am brave because i am learning to love my body and myself
so my children can have the confidence in themselves
i wish i'd had growing up.

i am brave because i am trying to remember to go after my dreams
because i want my children to fight for theirs.

i am brave because i am fulfilled as a mom.
because i feel accomplished with each bottle fed,
each boo-boo kissed better and each onesie folded.

i am brave because i am proud to stay home.
 because i know i'm not "just" a mom.
because i am a mom and  that is enough.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! Thanks for sharing!!! I struggle so much with confidence in myself, with being home with my kids, with being enough. I am working on being enough for myself though and this helped so much. Thank you.

meg bird said...

"i am brave because i am fulfilled as a mom.
because i feel accomplished with each bottle fed,
each boo-boo kissed better and each onesie folded."

It is MORE than enough, it's a miracle. And what makes the good people in the world good!

Andrea Stevenson said...

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!